There are currently 10,281 homes listed as active with Orlando Realtors®. While inventory continues to hold pretty steady, the absorption rate dropped causing our months supply to move up to 4.5. Of the homes listed as active, 787 or 7.7% are REO, only 407 or 4.0% are short sales and 9,087 or 88.4% are traditional equity sales.

Pending sales have slid a bit, but there are still 6,231 properties listed as either Active with Contract or Pending. Of those properties with contracts pending, 1,026 or 16.5% are REO, 1,260 or 20.2% are short sales and 3,945 or 63.3% are equity sales.

Here is the big news. Sales for January were down to 2,277 which is over 28% drop from December. Prices were also down more than 4% from the last month of 2015. The bigger news is that the 2,277 sales last month were also fewer than January 2015’s 2,373 closed sales by about 4%. That is the first time in over four years that year over year sales have declined. The median sales price last month was up over 17.5% compared to last January’s $153,000, so that is some good news for sales. Here how they broke down. There were 512 or 22.5% REO sales with a median sales price of $121,260; 111 or 4.9% short sales with a median price of $125,000; and 1,654 or 72.6% equity sales with a median price of $205,000.

Closed short sales accounted for only 8.8% of the pending short sales, and are still taking 265 days to close. Cash sales are still a big factor in the market with 849 or 37.3% of the sales closing for all cash with a median price of $117,500. The remaining 1,428 or 62.7% of sales closed with some type of financing with a median price of $210,000.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

There are 10,450 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 5,551 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale 1,084 are foreclosures and 448 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 965 are foreclosures and 1,344 are short sales.

Too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for December: 2,326 closed sales with a median sales price of $184,700. Inventory and contracts pending continue a pretty steep decline this month as we finish up an otherwise hot year in Orlando real estate.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

151 E Washington St Unit 621

The view of Downtown Orlando’s Lake Eola from The Metropolitan at Lake Eola

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

There are 10,771 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 6,004 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale 1,189 are foreclosures and 444 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 1,042 are foreclosures and 1,392 are short sales.

Way too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for December: 347 closed sales with a median sales price of $173,769. Inventory, contracts pending and sales have all declined, but are still outpacing last year’s numbers.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

There are 10,886 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 6,404 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale 1,189 are foreclosures and 453 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 1,112 are foreclosures and 1,455 are short sales.

Way too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for November: 1,086 closed sales with a median sales price of $177,250. Sales have definitely slowed from the red hot summer pace.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

30531 Orange Dr for Sale

30531 Orange Dr for Sale

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

Nov

9

October was a bit down compared to September. First, inventory has continued to decline slightly. There are currently 10,953 properties listed as active by Orlando Realtors®. That is down a little over 200 homes from last month. Of the home listed active 1,211 or 11.1% are REO, 467 or 4.3% are short sales, and 9,275 or 84.7% are equity sales. The number of properties with contracts pending is also down slightly from September. There are currently 6,266 pending properties. Of the properties with contracts 1,085 or 17.3% are REO, 1,485 or 23.7% are short sales, and 3,696 or 59% are equity sales.

Closed sales are also down a bit from last month. There were 2,956 closed transactions in October with a median sales price of $179,000. Of the closes sales 640 or 21.7% were REO with a median price of $113,682; 110 or 3.7% were short sales with a median price of $125,000; and 2,206 or 74.6% were equity sales with a median price of $200,000. The 110 closed short sales represents just 7.4% of the pending short sales. Overall prices were down compared to September, but way up compared to a year ago. Last year we saw 3,242 closed sales with a median price of $155,000. So, sales are down nearly 9%, but prices are up over 15% compared to a year ago. Our cash sales continue to decline too with 1,139 or 38.5% of October’s sales closing for all cash with a median price of $121,000. The remaining 1,817 or 61.5% of the sales had a median price of $210,000 and closed with some type of financing.

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

There are 12,237 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 6,464 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale, 1,297 are foreclosures and 479 are short sales. Of the

1132 Hardy Ave for Sale

New townhouse in #Colonialtown #Mills50 area.

homes with contracts pending, 1,111 are foreclosures and 1,521 are short sales.

Way too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for December: 1,674 closed sales with a median sales price of $179,900. The red hot summer sales may be cooling.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

Oct

6

Inventory has continued to decline ever so slightly. There are currently 11,176 home listed as active by Orlando Realtors®. That is down from 11,336 last month. Of the properties still available for sale, 1,271 or 11.4% are REO, 518 or 4.6% are short sales and 9,390 or 84.0% are equity sales.

The number of homes under contract has also dropped slightly. There are 6,376 properties listed as either pending or active with contract. Of those properties with contracts, 1,087 or 17.0% are REO, 1,513 or 23.7% are short sales and 3,777 or 59.2% are equity sales.

Closed sales remain strong, breaking the 3,000 mark again in September. There were 3,104 closed transactions with a median sales price of $183,000. Of the closed sales, 654 or 21.1% are REO with a median sales price of $109,000; 118 or 3.8% are short sales with a median sales price of $133,500; and 2,332 or 75.1% are equity sales with a median sales price of $207,541. The 118 closed short sales represented only 7.8% of the pending short sale inventory.

Cash sales remain very strong, but are showing continued decline with 1,142 or 36.8% of the sales closing for all cash with a median price of $121,150. The remaining 1,962 or 63.2% of the sales closed with some type of financing with a median price of $212,000.

Both the number of sales and the median sales price are up from a year ago. Sales were up just over 4.5% compared to last year’s 2,966 closings. The median sales price was up 10.9% over last year’s $165,000.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

4953 Rabama Place for Sale

4953 Rabama Place for sale in Dover Estates

There are 13,301 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 6,566 homes listed as contract pending or active with contract. Of the homes still available for sale, 1,259 are foreclosures and 513 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 1,154 are foreclosures and 1,486 are short sales.

Way too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for September: 2,061 closed sales with a median sales price of $180,000. It looks like the red hot summer selling season has come to a close. At least prices seem to be holding steady as inventory has declined slightly too.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

I apologize for being so far behind this month, but I have been covering for another agent who has been out the last two weeks. Now, on to my market breakdown for August 2015.
Inventory is still holding fairly steady, but lower than earlier in the summer. There are 11,336 properties listed active by Orlando Realtors®. Of those 1,247 or 11.0% are REO, 520 or 4.6% are short sales and 9,568 or 84.4% are traditional, equity sales.

Pending sales are a bit lower with 6,575 properties listed as either pending or active with contract. Of those 1,187 or 18.1% are REO, 1,487 or 22.6% are short sales and 3,901 or 59.3% are equity sales. The slow backlog in short sales just does not seem to go away.

Closed sales, and prices were up from a year ago. There are 3,462 closed transactions for August with a median sales price of $180,000. Of those 795 or 23.0% are REO with a median price of $118,384; only 137 or 4.0% are short sales with a median price of $134,500; and 2,530 or 73.1% are equity sales with a median price of $204,000. Cash transactions remain strong with 1,315 or 38% of the sales closing for all cash with a median sales price of 117,500. The remaining 2,147 or 62.0% closed with some type of financing with a median price of $210,000. The total number of sales was up 16.4% from 2,974, and prices were up nearly 9.1% from $165,000 from a year ago.

Comments rss

Leave a Reply

The trend we have had since spring of 20%+ increases in closed sales year over year with more modest price increases continues. Sales are slightly lower than last month, and inventory is down a bit from last month. There are currently 11,515 properties listed as active by Orlando Realtors. Of the properties listed active, 1,279 or 11.1% are REO, 518 or 4.5% are short sales and 9,718 or 84.4% are equity sales.  About 1/3 of the REO listings are listed as Auction properties which seems to be the latest trends among bank owned sales.

Pending sales continue with a very slight increase. There are 7,272 properties listed as either pending or active with contract. Of those 1,407 or 19.3% are REO, 1,608 or 22.1% are short sales and 4,257 or 58.5% are equity sales. Short sales are slowly fading into the sunset, but so few actually close each month.

Sales have absolutely been as hot as the weather here in The City Beautiful.. There were 3,697 closed sales in July with a median sales price of $180,500. Of the properties that closed last month, 821 or 22.2% were REO sales with a median sales price of $120,000; 158 or 4.3% were short sales with a median price of $143,250; and 2,178 or 73.5% were equity sales with a median price of $203,208. The 158 closed short sale represented only 9.8% of the pending inventory of short sales. Cash sales remain strong with 1,322 or 35.8% of the sales closing for all cash at a median price of $115,500. The remaining 2,375 or 64.2% of the sales closed with some type of financing with a median price of $207,000. Total sales were up 23.1% compared to a year ago when 3,003 sales closed. Prices climbed 6.2% from $169,900 a year ago.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Comments rss

Leave a Reply